Makita XMU04Z 18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless Grass Shear, Tool Only
The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Shear (model XMU04Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is a compact and cordless solution for grass trimming and cutting. The XMU04Z has dual blade action and a wide 6-5/16” cutting width, and delivers faster blade speed (2,500 strokes per minute/SPM) than the previous model. When using a fast-charging 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (sold separately), users will get up to 200 minutes of run time on a single charge. It has 3-stage adjustment so the cutting height can be matched to the application. Additional features include a rubberized soft grip handle, “tool-less” blade changing, non-electrolyzed nickel plated blades to resist staining and rusting, and a compact size at only 4.1 lbs. (with battery, sold separately).
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built motor delivers 2,500 SPM for efficient cutting
- Over 3 hours of run time with 5.0Ah battery BL1850B (battery not included)
- 6-5/16″ cutting width for optimum performance
- Dual blade action cuts with a shearing effect for improved results
- Easy to operate 3 stage cutting height adjustment (9/16″, 3/4″, 1″)
- “Tool-less” blade changing system for increased convenience
- Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light and automatically stops motor to notify user when it is time to recharge the battery
- Non-electrolyzed nickel plated blades engineered to resist staining and rusting
- Left and right lock-off button for user convenience
- Ergonomic rubberized soft grip engineered to absorb vibration for more comfortable operation
- Compact and ergonomic design at 13-7/8” long
- Weighs only 4.1 lbs. with battery for reduced user fatigue (battery not included)
- Optional 8″ Hedge Trimmer Assembly (198408-1) converts Grass Shear to a Hedge Trimmer
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Grass Receiver Attachment (457426-1)
- (1) Blade Guard
- Cutting Capacity (width) : 6-5/16″
- Depth Adjustment Range : 9/32″, 25/32″, 1″
- Strokes Per Minute : 2,500 SPM
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 13-7/8″
- Net Weight (with battery) : 4.1 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Shipping Weight : 3.6 lbs.